Memorial Auditorium Tech Info
In the early days, Will Rogers chewed gum, twirled ropes and performed on our stage along with Al Jolsen, Louis Armstrong, Elvis Presley, Duke Ellington, Ethel Barrymore, Helen Keller, Gene Autry and Bob Hope. Today, the Judds, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, George Strait, Ricky Van Shelton and Garth Brooks have frequented our city. These current stars’ double sellouts were matched by a double sellout of the national tour of the famous Broadway show “Cats.” Memorial Auditorium is proudly situated in a market in North Texas-Southern Oklahoma available to a population of over a quarter million people.
Our attractive and comfortable auditorium serves a public within a 100-mile radius of Wichita Falls. It is our highest priority to provide both the public and visiting artists and promoters with the finest service possible. We are happy to advise interested parties in choosing the most appropriate performance dates and to assist in publicity plans, press conferences and ticket planning.
The Auditorium features the following specifications:
- Seating Capacity: 2700
- Stage: Area – 59′-8″ x 41′-6″; floor to grid 68′
- Curtains: House curtains in and out, proscenium 60′ wide by 22 1/2′ high. Concert curtain up and down, 28′ high and 60′ wide. Side legs in pairs no.’s 1, 2, 3, 4 with borders no’s 1, 2, 3, 4 each 7′ high x 64′ wide with fullness
- Stage Rigging: 30-pipe counter-weight system can handle drops up to maximum 1200 lbs
- Sound: Proscenium with 4 inputs, for public address only
- Lighting: Patch panel lighting controls at stage right, four borders lighting and forty-two 3800-watt dimmers. Spot booth to stage – 100′ and ceiling cove to stage – 70′. Side cove lighting to stage left and right. Six scoops, 18 fresnels, 30 750-watt leicos, two 1500-watt incandescent follow spots and three super troupers
- Power: 900 AMP single phase and 600 AMP three phase
- Dressing Rooms: 12 air conditioned
- Piano: Steinway 10′ concert grand